Sunday 12 January 2014

Goodbyes





This weekend we said our goodbyes to the most wonderful woman. Inspirational, powerful and strong are just a few words too describe my Grandmother. A woman who lived to give words of wisdom and encouragement. She was the roots of our family, who's branches connected us all. Everybody knew to gather when she arranged something. Occasions where always special; holidays, christmas's at the family home, we had stockings on our beds and a second downstairs from Granny and Grandpa. Trips to the zoo with picnics and sweets from the special jar. She will always be a woman too look up too, as a grandmother and as a woman. A kind heart, a strong mind and manners that she never failed too use. Even when it wasn't expected. 

If I can grow up to be a tenth of the person she was, with family and laughter around I will be a very happy old lady. 


Xx

1 comment:

  1. Really sorry for your loss, we lost my grandma this autumn and she was a true matriarch too. Irreplaceable, but I'm sure like me you have a million comforting memories.
    Thinking of you.
    Katy x

    ReplyDelete